Darryl Singletary's New Band

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Alonzo Walker

Darryl Singletary's New Band

Post by Steve Alonzo Walker »

Did Anyone Notice That Darryl Has An All New Band Now? Guess "Management" Stepped Out From Behind Their Cozy Desk And Got Involved With The "Music" End Of This Buisness!!! Happens Everytime!!!
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

Although Darryl's new band did a fine job, in my opinion they're nowhere close to his last band. Especially his last steel player I beleive his name was Tim Huckabe correct me if I'm wrong. This guy is a killer steel player. Does anyone know what happened? and does anyone know what Tim is doing now?
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

His name is Tim Lusby, not Huckaby, or whatever you said. Yup, Lusby is a great player and a VERY good guy. I'm sure he'll get a better job. He deserves it.

Amazing how this sort of thing happens in this town. A band works with a "star" for 10 years,makes him what he is, then suddenly the players are "to old" so the record company says, "lets hire this artist a new YOUNG band!" Doesn't matter if they can play or not, they just have to be young!!! (Doesn't matter anyway because in 3 years , the "star" himself will be to old. The record lable will be replacing him soon also.)

I live in a wonderful town full of record execs that love to give the people everything but what they want. I wish they would go back to putting music first, music is for our ears, if I want to LOOK at recording artists, I'll watch MTV. Who wants to SEE Singltary? Boy, those ears!
Let's go watch some country music!
They might not sound to good but wow! Look how young they are.
By the way, this happens every day in this town, not just this one instance.

Reelee 2 Old III
Tony Farr

Post by Tony Farr »

Hey Bobbe,
We're not old, just seasoned. Plus we know what GOOD COUNTRY MUSIC should sound like.
Larry Bell

Post by Larry Bell »

which may well be why they don't want to hire anyone over 30.

------------------
<small>Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2003 Fessenden S/D-12 8x8, 2000 Fessenden S-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro, Standel and Peavey Amps
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Larry, I think you are correct, they don't want to hire anyone that knows or likes country music!
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I liked Darryl. I didn't know it was new band, anyway I'm glad he and band was on T.V. You guys make me laugh out loud!
Ronald Riddle

Post by Ronald Riddle »

Bobbe
A new set of strings look good but takes a long a while to get the stretch factor in process.Could you or would you say that a yonger less experienced player is some what like a new set of strings?Looks shiney but has not the finished stretch pure mellow sound of an older set of strings.
And more impotant is the correct gauges being used to play honest pure country?
And what about the money people that are ruining the country music sound or should I say running? Just a thought
Ole Ron Riddle
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Ole' Ron, Sounds good to me.
I don't mind new players getting jobs and good breaks in the business, but I don't like them getting them at the expense of a more qualified player,just because he's younger. As a matter of fact, I'll go way out of my way to help any young player, I just hate seeing great mature seasoned players not being able to get work because the twenty one year old girl singer doesn't know good from bad. Or the record exec's wife says the "band is to old". Know what I'm saying boys?

Gran Ole'Operator III

Real name: Tim Huckaby III<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 17 March 2003 at 06:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
Robert L. Clark

Post by Robert L. Clark »

Hey Bobbie do you know what happened to his lead player, Ricky Land?? He is a great picker, grew up just about 20 miles up the road from me.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Ricky Land! What a great guy! I knew him well. He helped my ex-wifes band, "Wild Rose" on tour several years ago. I only knew him as a friend, not a player, but I understand that he was a fine one.
To answer your question, no, I haven't heard from Ricky in quite a while. Someone is going to get some fine players because of Singletary's dumb loss. But I'm positive, with time, the new band will be fine, but by then, Singletary won't need one. He'll be to old. You know , 25 or so! (Ha! Ha!)

Delerium Singleminded III
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

I would like to apologize if I gave anyone the impression that I didn't like DARRYL SINGLETARY. I love DARRYL SINGLETARY. He is one of the few country singers on the market that can still get by with singing anything remotely close to country music. Once again in my opinion there is no comparrison between his new band and the band that was dismissed. I HAVE HEARD BOTH.I have also met his x steel player personally and he is one the nicest people I've ever met. I could never laugh about anyone losing their job much less someone with totatally awesome skills and class to match. Bobbie if you should happen to see Tim, please tell him his #1 fan in the world is pulling for him.