Note to Tom Brumley

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Martin

Note to Tom Brumley

Post by Gary Martin »

Hi Tom,
Hope you are getting along OK. I live near ShipShawana, Indiana and would like a chance.

Thanks,

Gary
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

I have been in Shipshewana for the last week and just got home today. Got out of the just as it started snowing again. What other instrument do you play?
Gary Martin

Post by Gary Martin »

Hi Tom,
You left in time as we got several inches and it was 7 degrees this morning. Does the cold weather bother your back?

Tom, I primarily play steel and have for about 30 years in the tri-state area but can play some bass and rythm. I play enough lead to just get by in the band I am presently playing in but nothing up to the level I would feel comfortable with as there are a lot better lead and bass guitarist in the area that I know. I met some good musicians last summer as there was a 10 week engagement of the "Always, Patsy Cline" play in Fort Wayne that I played steel for.

I can email you some cuts of recordings I've played on if you would like.

Gary
Gary Martin

Post by Gary Martin »

Hi Tom,

I feel embarrassed! I was mis-informed about the situation and what was going to happen. Please accept my apology for butting in.

It's still c o l d up here!!!!

Gary<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Martin on 14 January 2003 at 07:27 PM.]</p></FONT>