About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bruno Rasmussen

Post by Bruno Rasmussen »

Hi everybody
My name is Bruno Rasmussen, Danish ‘amateur’ steel player. I have visited The Steel Guitar Forum regularly for approx. 6 month, and have finally become a member.
About me: I’m 55, occupation: runs the repairshop for acoustic instruments in one of the bigger musicstores in Denmark, - partner in a small company that produce and sell internet CMS solutions, wife and two cats, son and daughter in law (living in Greenland).

Some 25 years ago I played E9 for 4 or 5 years in a local countryband, but nobody really cared for country music in this part of the world back then so, - in a period of moneyshortnes, I sold the Steel. Then 20 years without a steel guitar. A year ago or so, I got a chance to buy my old Dekley back. Four month ago I traded it for a LeGrande D10. In my new steel life, I’m putting all my efforts into learning the C6th tuning.
Check a post in ‘Tablature’.

I’ll try to search the Forum database before I’ll ask any questions here. Should I ask ‘old’ questions though, I'm sure you'll let me know :-)

Bruno Rasmussen
Al Burk

Post by Al Burk »

Goddag Bruno

That's the only Danish word I know. I hope it is hello. Anyway welcome.

Al Burk
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Welcome to this Great Forum Bruno !
Warning: Can be Habit Forming

------------------
Steel what?

Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

Welcome Bruno.....back during the heyday of western swing there was a guy who recorded by the name of Ole Rasmussen, whose band sounded just like Bob Wills, including the "ah ha's".....are you related? www.genejones.com <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 02 January 2003 at 05:23 AM.]</p></FONT>
Allen Peterson

Post by Allen Peterson »

Welcome Bruno,
This isn't related to the steel guitar, but I descend from a family of Rasmussens. I have about 40 Rasmussens in my data base with the oldest being Peder Rasmussen who was born in 1694 and was buried 7 June 1756 in Firgaarde, Dover, Skanderborg, Denmark. Of course you know the surnamed changed every generation until the mid 1800s in Denmark, so the chance that we are related is remote, but its great to have a fellow Dane amongst our ranks of steel guitar players. By the way, my name used to end in "sen" but my grandfather decided to change it to "son". Everyone thinks I am a Swede, but it just ain't so. Good luck with the C6 neck. I am doing the same thing. Over the last 20 years I have totally neglected this neck. Now I am finding all kinds of interesting and new things to play on the C6 neck.

Allen Peter(sen)son
Doug Seymour

Post by Doug Seymour »

Gene, there's still a few of us "old" enough to remember Ole Rasmussen's fine band! I must've heard their recordings or something!
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 30 December 2002 at 03:18 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bruno Rasmussen

Post by Bruno Rasmussen »

Thank you for welcoming me. Al, it should be very easy for me to double your Danish vocabulary. Regarding 'Ole Rasmussen' -Rasmussen is a very common Danish surname, like Smith, or Schwarzenegger, in the USA Image I wish that I were related to this fine musician, but have, to my knowledge, no relatives in your country.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Bruno Rasmussen
Ray Rasmussen

Post by Ray Rasmussen »

Hi Bruno and welcome to the forum. You never know, we could be long lost cousins from way back. Say hi to the rest of the family for me.
Ray
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Hello and welcome! We know you will like it here.

Nyde! Image

Ole Dantoft

Post by Ole Dantoft »

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ole Dantoft on 26 February 2004 at 10:43 AM.]</p></FONT>
Henning Kock

Post by Henning Kock »

2.jan.2002,
Hello Bruno,
Happy New Year, and welcome to the Forum.
Kind Regards
Henning
(to the readers: I met Ole and heard him play pedal steel in a band in 1979. Then he sold his steel guitar. About 20 years after he was bitten by the bug again, and play double neck psg every day and studying hard.
He is originally a classical guitarist.)
---

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Henning Kock
(pedal steel guitar, piano, keyboards, vibraphone)
Henning K. Music
111 Aarhusvej
DK-8300 Odder
Denmark,
Europe
phone +45 8654 2959
--------------------------------------------
e-mail address: henningkmusic@hotmail.com
webpages:
pedal steel guitar: www.geocities.com/Nashville/1520 www.steelguitardanmark.subnet.dk (information)
piano & keyboard: www.sitecenter.dk/henning-kock www.danskmusik.com/dmfbook/selskab/html/henning_kock.html
and for musical instrument products wholesale (to dealers): www.henningkmusic.subnet.dk

------------------