Hear me play on the net!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tom Ensink

Hear me play on the net!

Post by Tom Ensink »

For those of you who are interested in my steel playing.

Our band's website now has a downloadable mp3 impression of a live gig we had a couple of months ago. It's about 2 minutes (1,2 Mb)and features some pedal steel and lap (through a matchbro).

The site is unfortunately in Dutch, but you can find the mp3 easily (The site is www.ldtt.nl click on mp3 and then "hier")

I think you can also download it at the following link.
http://www.ldtt.nl/ldtt/data/files/Linda%20live.mp3

Let me know if you like it.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Tom<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tom Ensink on 22 December 2002 at 07:55 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tom Ensink on 23 December 2002 at 04:21 AM.]</p></FONT>
Al Burk

Post by Al Burk »

Tom,
Your link has an extra comma in it. I took off the comma and was able to go to your web site. Nice picken. Wish I could hear more of you on Workin' Man. Keep up the good work.

Al B.
Tom Olson

Post by Tom Olson »

Definitely some nice pickin' -- vocalists have the accent down pat too. Bet cha' there ain't many of them 50's Chevy pickups in the Netherlands like the one in the photo.
Jay Ganz

Post by Jay Ganz »

Sounds great Tom. Excellent mix and
sample selections! Vocalist almost sounds
a little like Waylon.
Tom Ensink

Post by Tom Ensink »

Thanks for the nice compliments, guys, also on behalf of my band members.

Thanks Jay, for the compliments of the live mix and the recording (if that's what you're referring to), which is one of my first productions of live recording.

The MP3 compilation cut 'n paste mix was made by our guitar player Ronald, who got to be inspired by the compilation CD TV ads you hear at late night TV (Tel Sell etc.).

Tom<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tom Ensink on 26 December 2002 at 09:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Great sounds Tom, I like it !!!

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF