The KinFolk and "Little AL" Dinkinberger

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bobby Bensley

The KinFolk and "Little AL" Dinkinberger

Post by Bobby Bensley »

I just finished listening to an album that was submitted to me for film licensing that was a great joy to listen to. The production was rough and noisy by today’s standards and some of the vocals were a little off key and on occasion the drummer even dropped a beat but it had some really beautiful PSG work on it from a guy named "Little AL" Dinkinberger who I assume is no longer with us as the album was dedicated to him.

Overall this album of soft country and rock and roll for the 60s and 70s (must have been 70-71) was like a trip down a musical memory lane vinyl hiss and all.

If you've never heard them I recommend them it is pure old country music the way it was meant to be. Unpretentious and unassuming just music from the hearts of guy who played cause they loved it.

Bobby Bensley
CMAP Music International
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I'm sure "Little Al" would be honored to be recognized here on the Forum. He was one of the few pedal players here in the Baltimore area when I started. I spent many nights watching and listening to him, and yes...he did some nice stuff.