To Ed Webster: Location of Dave Bennett

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Al Vescovo

To Ed Webster: Location of Dave Bennett

Post by Al Vescovo »

Trying to find Steel Player Dave Bennett, last contact was late 50's in Denver Colo.
Worked night clubs around city. Ed if you could reply, thanks. I misplaced your E-mail address. If anyone else knows please drop a note
Al.

------------------
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

Hi there! Ed was here in Portland just the other day and I'm not sure he's made it back home yet......and/or, if he's able to pickup his email while out of town. Give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll be in touch!
Al Vescovo

Post by Al Vescovo »

Ray, thanks a lot for the info. I hope to hear from Ed soon, we go back a looooong way.
Thanks again,
Al
Barbara Hennerman

Post by Barbara Hennerman »

Al,

Ed has asked me numerous times if I remember you. I'm afraid I have CRS and don't remember you at all. Who did you play with in Denver? Where did you play?

Ed and I took lessons and taught at the same music studio, and luckily, we have stayed in touch (sort of) these many years.

I played all over Denver myself and can't remember seeing you, but then who knows?
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

hey Al-
check this thread if you haven't already:

JayDee Throws Down with Vince!

Robert Lee Crigger mentions Dave in his post. Says he lives in Oklahoma. You might want to drop Robert a line.

See ya!
Ed Webster

Post by Ed Webster »

Hi Al-
Have no idea what ever happened to Dave. Last time I saw him was at the Suzy-Q....and that would hafta be about 1956. Good to hear from you again.
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Al, Do you have a brother in Memphis?

Skip

------------------
"Steel guitar is where it are"

Al Vescovo

Post by Al Vescovo »

Skip, I have three brothers in Memphis, but , you are probably referring to my brother Pete Vescovo. He is a top notch Electric Bass player and a great musician. He works a lot around the area and also travels quite a bit. He does sessions in Nashville on ocassion. Maybe you've played together. Thanks for the inquiry.
Al.

------------------
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Al, Pete sold me my very first steel, back in 4/77. Through the years he has contributed his time and talent to a few of the jam sessions our steel organization has sponsored. A couple of years ago he sold me a pair of new BW speakers. Haven't seen him since, but i do appreciate all he has done for me and my pickin pals. Great guy.
God bless you and your family-----Skip Cole

------------------
"Steel guitar is where it are"