Leroy Jones From The Bay Area?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ken Frazier

Leroy Jones From The Bay Area?

Post by Ken Frazier »

Hello Again
Does anybody know this Steel man? He was in the bay area in the Late 60's and worked at a club in San Leandro with a band leader named Will Fike. Just wondering if he is still around.
Thanks
Ken Frazier
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Ken,
I know Leroy, he lives up by Sonora, Ca, He doesn't play out any more, but still play's at home,

------------------
[url=http://david_wright1.tripod.com/]My Web Page[/url]
Sierra S-12 9&7
Peavey-2000-PX-300

Ken Frazier

Post by Ken Frazier »

David
Thank you for the information. When you see Leroy again ask him if he remembers the time at The Humoresque Club in San Leandro in 1968 When Will Fike stepped behind the curtain and fell completely thru the bandstand. Only his head and shoulders and the top part of the bass guitar was showing. I was the drummer on that gig and that was the funnest thing that I can recall happening on the Bandstand. I almost got fired because I could not stop laughing .It was right in the middle of a Hank Thompson song which Will Fike dearly loved to perform.
Thanks for the reply
Ken Frazier
Al Bates

Post by Al Bates »

Lee lives next to me in Columbia Ca..We get togehter most every morning and jam a little on these cold winter mornings....Yes he does remember the incedent about the bandleader falling thru the stage...We still have fun reminencing about old times and still try to pick a little ..Sorta like "has been" and "never will be".......