Conflict between Zone Alarm and MS Defender

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Jack Stoner

Conflict between Zone Alarm and MS Defender

Post by Jack Stoner »

Microsoft just issued the "new" Defender Beta program that replaced the Spyware Beta.

My security package, C.A. EZ Armor inclused Zone Alarm Pro as the firewall program.

Once the new Defender program was installed, EVERY TIME Windows (XP) was started I would have to manually authorized Internet access for all the applications that accessed the internet, including Outlook and Internet Explorer.

I uninstalled Defender, restarted Windows and had to authorize access for some applications. But, after restarting Windows several times, no more access authorization had to be done.

I'll report this to Microsoft. I'm OK with spyware as the EZ Armor suite includes "Pest Patrol" and I have Ad Aware.
Gary Pederson

Post by Gary Pederson »

I have been running Defender with real time protection on for 3 days now on XP Home, along with the free version of Zone Alarm. I have not had the problem you describe (or any other problems).
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I'm not sure what all is different in the ZA Pro version from the free one. I thought it was mostly more features??

But, I've seen similar comments on the Microsoft forum so apparently I'm not alone.