image too large for screen

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Mickey Lawson

image too large for screen

Post by Mickey Lawson »

A friend had a video card go bad, (apparently, though he didn't test it). Installed a used video card, and computer works again. Signed up for a dial-up internet connection, that works good. However, the image is too large for the monitor screen, (cutting off the scroll bars). Does anyone know of a way to have the image fit? Monitor controls don't affect the overall size of the image, (if reduced picture, the scroll bars are still missing). Does the video card need to be installed?? Thanks for any help. Mickey
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2004 at 07:44 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

If it's just the browser window that's too big, do this. Hit Alt-spacebar, then the letter 'M' (for move). Now you can use the cursor keys to move the window to where you can get to the title bar and resize buttons. When you have it where you want it, hit the Escape key to disable the keyboard move, and do your thing with the mouse.
Everett Cox

Post by Everett Cox »

Or, maybe, the Windows' FONT SIZE is set too large????? Go to the DISPLAY PROPERTIES and check. --Everett
Mickey Lawson

Post by Mickey Lawson »

Thanks everyone, the driver was downloaded from the web as suggested. Didn't change the problem. I went out to look at the computer, and the vertical scan bar was not missing. But the right-side 4-inches of each web page was missing, required a horizontal scan-bar use on each page. Other computer pages were not affected, only the internet-explorer web-pages. Finally solved the problem. Monitor resolution was set at 800x600. Changed this to 1024x768, and the web page immediately resolved to fit the screen, and the horizontal scroll-bar disappeared. Apparently the computer defaulted incorrectly when the used video-card was installed. I had never seen this before, again thanks everyone.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Buy a larger monitor?

I guess that's why I'm not moderator here.. Image