Earth-Tribe.

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Peter Goodchild

Earth-Tribe.

Post by Peter Goodchild »

Earth-Tribe.
Last edited by Peter Goodchild on 30 Dec 2007 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Peter, if you want to see some typical connections go to www.seagate.com and look at the "support" section. Both Seagate and Western Digital have web pages for jumper settings and connections. They really come in handy when hooking up SCSI drives.
Mark Ardito

Post by Mark Ardito »

Peter,

You can email me your pics. Putting in a new Hard Drive is a really simple thing to do. I am sure you will have no problems with this.

You can send the pics to: markardito@comcast.net

Cheers!
Mark

------------------
Sho~Bud Pro I, Fender D-8 (C6&E13) http://www.darkmagneto.com

Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

There are only 2 cables that need to be connected to the hard drive. The flat ribbon cable (probably grey and about 2 inches wide) and a power cable. The drive will have a slot on the back at one side with 4 pins for the power cable.

Additionally, if you have more than one device on the ribbon cable, one must be set to master and the other to slave. It doesn't really matter which one is set to master except that a hard drive should be master if connected with a CD drive on the same ribbon cable. You can make these settings with jumpers on the back of the hard drive. You'll need to look at your owner's manual for the correct jumper settings. Or sometimes the settings are printed on the drive.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Sierra Session 12

www.16tracks.com