I hurt my computer...real bad...

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Tom Quinn

I hurt my computer...real bad...

Post by Tom Quinn »

Found this program called Spring Cleaning in my computers files -- a Mac G3.

Well, I deleted all of the "duplicate" programs. And guess what? I deleted EVERYTHING! Oh, there were a few things left, but I lost a ton of valuable infgormation and a pile of programs, like at least a giga-something-or-other...

I got into the rescue files thing with Norton -- found 6-thousand of the suckers and gave up.

Man, watch out for that spring cleaning stuff...

Tq
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I thought MAC's were impervious to anything, unlike us poor suckers with Windows.... Image
BJ Bailey

Post by BJ Bailey »

never kick a cow chip on a hot day,the inresult's could cause a messy situation Image

------------------
BJ Bailey

Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

I have found out that most computer "utilities" on either PC or Mac would be better to be called "futilities" Image
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

When it is recommended that something called Crashguard should not be installed because it may tend to cause your system to crash, you know that the cards are stacked against you.
Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

Of course backup is the thing to do, but it doesn't help you feel any less burned when something like this happenes. I once installed a version of Norton Utilities ~6-7 years ago, and that sucker immediately corrupted my whole hard drive. Some of these 'utilities' programs embed themselves so far down in your system, that you can't ever get them out. If you try, you're bound to be making a big mistake.
Jackie Toney

Post by Jackie Toney »

I'm moving this to Computers. It may help someone else that does'nt visit OTB.