Distortion On TASCAM CD-GT1

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Ulinskas

Distortion On TASCAM CD-GT1

Post by Gary Ulinskas »

Have been using this unit for several years with no problem. Took it to Oakland along with my steel to do practice while helping with family chores here. After making some adjustments on the crazy control system of this thing, I am suddenly getting distortion on my steel at any input setting above 5, which make the steel barely audible when playing the CD I am working on.
The "EFFECTS" feature is in the "OFF" position, so I am baffled as to where the distortion is comming from.
Thought it might be a problem with my volume pedal, but when I put my steel output into a set of (small) stereo speakers it works fine.
Thanks for any ideas

------------------
Gary Ulinskas
MSA S-12 + Walker mono

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 28 December 2005 at 07:50 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

Gary, i don't know why it does that, but on mine, going through my 112 i get that dist. some times so i turn my pre gian down and master up and it seems to help, but it is not allways like that. Maybe some one else could jump in here with a good answer.
Roger