Cutting-Edge Steel Effects

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Phil Lamprecht

Cutting-Edge Steel Effects

Post by Phil Lamprecht »

Having browsed the Forum for detailed information about steel effects, I found some people enjoying the Tubefex, TransTube Fex, and Lexicon units. I've noted, however, that most of the reviews ended in 2001.

I'm researching the Tubefex and TransTube Fex ... but am also interested in knowing what others are using today. For instance, does Lexicon build an updated unit equaling or surpassing the performance of Peavey's offerings, etc?

Feedback is most appreciated!

Phil
Ron Randall

Post by Ron Randall »

Phil,
check out http://www.lexiconpro.com/products/products-pro.asp
This will show you today's Lexicon units.
The Peavey units are a preamp and a stereo digital signal processor in one unit.
I don't think the Lexicons have a preamp, and I don't think they can do the overdrive and distortion kinds of effects. They have the the plush reverbs, delay programs, echoplex emulators, chorus, etc. Read the Lexicon pages to be sure.

hope this helps

Ron
Gerald Menke

Post by Gerald Menke »

If you want to try something really cutting edge, check out that wild AdrenaLinn II designed and built by Roger Linn. Beat synched multi-effects, drum machine and world-class amp modeling in a box smaller than a Pod. You will not believe the sounds that come out of this thing, nor will you be able to stop playing, totally fun. Try one if you get the chance!

Gerald
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

The Adrenalinn is big fun !

Bob
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

The POD XT. It is all I have used for 1-1/2 years now, and has some fun stuff under the hood.

For what it is worth, I still have my Trans TubeFex in my rack, and it served me very well for several years.

Happy Hunting,

David Spires