Volume pedals&high fq

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

ollir

Volume pedals&high fq

Post by ollir »

Hello everybody! Has anyone bumped into a volume pedal that causes absolutely no loss in high frequencies? I just got a Franklin volume pedal and it certainly affects the high frequencies even when its all open. Shold we just accept it as part of the pedal steel guitar sound?

------------------
©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©
Olli Rahkonen

Health and Bio science student.
University of Turku
Finland

Rainer Hackstaette

Post by Rainer Hackstaette »

Olli,

I use a Hilton volume pedal and it does not roll off the high frequencies unless you want it to - there is a tone control under the pedal with which you can dial in your tone.

The only drawback is that the power supply "wall-wart" is hardwired to the pedal (110 volts) and cannot be exchanged for a standard 230 volts wall-wart. I use a step-down transformer (230 V to 110 V) that I plug the power supply into. To me that little extra trouble is well worth it for a super sound.

Rainer

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#0000FF">Remington D-10 8+7, Sierra Crown D-10 gearless 8+8, Sierra Session S-14 gearless 8+5, '76 Emmons D-10 8+4, Peavey Session 400 LTD</FONT>

CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

No, we should'nt accept loss of highs from VPs
that's why Hilton VPs seem to be the most popular VPs
the new Goodrich seems to up there too

------------------
Steel what?

Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

If you run your pot volume pedal in the effects loop of an effects processor or your standalone amp, you will be controlling the volume of the preamp instead of your guitar. Then you won't get any tone changes. Image
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I suspect your problem is caused by too much cable being used, or the wrong cable being used for your hookups. Try a low capacity brand, such as George-L cables.

What kind of amp are you using?