Danelectro delay

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Rotella

Danelectro delay

Post by Frank Rotella »

Has anyone tried the Danelectro, DANECHO delay. The guy at the music store said it is very sweet and clean (albeit a retro purple color)but they only deal in six strings and had no feedback on playing with steel.
Thanks
Frank Rotella
homebuilt S-10, 3x1 1/2 (still adding levers)
Bill Monk

Post by Bill Monk »

I got one of themfor 6-string and the delay itself sounds fine, but it wasn't till I got it on a gig that realised just how much volume and tone it was eating, even when bypassed. Maybe they've improved it now, but definitely compare the sound you get plugging in straight vs. thru the pedal.

When I first got it, also tried it with my steel but the pickup (George L 12-1) easily distorted the pedal's input. Thinking maybe the pedal was broken, tried another one from the store, but it was the same - unusable.

Mine's in a gig bag now as a spare, but even that's not turning out to be such a great idea beause it's big, it's -heavy- and it eats batteries. It's cool-looking though....

Maybe look at one of the Boss digital delays with the treble roll-off knob (which is all the Dano does), or the Line 6 delay modeler. But FWIW I'd watch out for that purple tone eater.
Frank Rotella

Post by Frank Rotella »

Thanks again for the help. From what I've heard the Boss might be the way to go.
V/R
Frank Rotella