An Honest Too Goodness Real Country Song

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Ray Jenkins

An Honest Too Goodness Real Country Song

Post by Ray Jenkins »

I heard a real country song this morning on an alledged country music station.Trace Adkins did it.Fiddle and steel split the break,steel dominant through the entire song.Didn't catch the name of the song,Iwas too stunned.It is country and it is good.I hope it goes #1,it most likely will. Image
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 15 May 2003 at 06:53 AM.]</p></FONT>
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Hi Ray,
They might have played "The Rest of Mine," a song from about 5 years ago. He hasn't had any "real" country singles out lately though I wish he would. He sang "Eleven Roses" for a Hank Jr. tribute album which is the best "country" song he's cut in years (I'm not sure if the album is out yet). We've been playing it in our shows lately & he does such a great job with it.

Randy Hess (Trace's steel picker)
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Thanks Randy,If that was you on the song it was a really tasty break,it was taylor made for the song.
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Hi Ray,
Yes, its very tasty (one of my favorite solos). No, it's not me. It was Paul Franklin.
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

Thanks for the info there Ray & Randy. I haven't heard the song down our way yet but i will be listening for it..Trace CAN sing country- remember his
"I left something turned on at home"..What a great song for the more modern country stuff..Ron