Opry timeline?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Donny Hinson

Opry timeline?

Post by Donny Hinson »

Can one of you "Nashvillians" give us a brief "timeline" on the Opry? It's been a few decades since I was in Nashville, and I wanted to know when it moved from the Ryman to Opryland, where it went from there, when it went back to the Ryman, and where it's going now?

<i><b>Thanks!
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

The Opry moved from the Ryman to the Opryland location the year after I left Nashville which would make it 73. It's had several returns to the Ryman for shows but officially it's still at the Opryland location.

We could speculate on whats going to happen but that's all it would be guessing. I was told recently that before this latest return to the Ryman at times they were only filling up the downstairs center section. I had heard attendance was down but I didn't realize it was that bad.
Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Donny,

I have made it to two of the "Opry at the Ryman" shows during the past two months. The plan was for the Opry to be at the Ryman for the first two months of 2001 and then return to the Grand Ole Opry House for the rest of the year. They have done this in past years also. Man, it was great!

To get the full Ryman story, go to:
www.ryman.com
or www.opry.com

Bob Putnam