Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

WSM On Line?
BULLSCHIDT!!!!
I clicked on the site for the Opry, and got
the message it was not available for whatever
reason.
I can listen to the Crap they are playing
on my local station, WXCL, in Peoria, Ill.
If they are going to be "On Line", be on
line, or get the Hell off the internet!
Sorry about the attitude, on second thought, no, I'm not!!
Billy Johnson

Post by Billy Johnson »

Dean, the reason for the Opry not being on has to do with the musicians union. This is new territory for a live performance and everyone deserves to be compensated. I'm sure once it gets ironed out it will be on so everyone can enjoy it. Maybe this will keep the opry ALIVE. Billy
Neil Flanz

Post by Neil Flanz »

Hi Sleepy,Glad to see you bring this up.A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon I happened to notice that under the "click here to listen" G2 28.8K icon for WSM AM Online was another icon saying RealAudio 28.8K "click here to listen".I did exactly that and much to my delight it was WSM AM Radio Live.I was absolutely thrilled and was all set to listen to the Opry in it's entirety along with the Ernest Tubb Midnite Jamboree,Eddy Stubbs,and all the other great shows that WSM AM has to offer.This was at 3pm Eastern time. At 4pm the station was off line. At 3am it was back on line again, in fact I just checked it a few minutes ago and it's on line again.I find it hard to believe that local 257 has anything to do with it since WSM is a clear channel 50,000 watt station that sends a strong signal into over 30 states and the musicians are not paid by how many listeners the station reaches.I sent in two Emails by clicking on their Email icon and they both came back saying no such URL exists. Something is wrong somewhere and I'd like to know what it is.Jeannie Sheppard announced on the Opry TV portion that WSM would be online at Thanksgiving.Then it was postponed to Christmas, and then until the first of the year. Clicking on the G2 icon brings in some nice classic country music on what is called WSM AM Online but it's a tape loop and I heard "Behind Closed Doors" by the Silver Fox 3 times in thirty minutes.I want to hear the real McCoy and although there plenty of other stations that play great classic country on Real Audio and Windows media Player, I want to hear WSM and that was one of the main resons that I bought a real computer although I still have my webtv.I wish that they would at least advise the public what their intentions are. I get sick and tired of hearing the announcement "this programming is not available at the request of the rights owners." If you or anyone else can find out what they are doing please post it.I and several other people would really like to know. How long can it possibly take to experiment when there are literally hundreds of radio stations on line worldwide. Hope someone can find out something. Sincerely, Neil

------------------
Billy Johnson

Post by Billy Johnson »

Neil,I was just sharing the info I got from one of my friends at WSM.Billy
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Thanks,
I'm listening right now to a new artist Bill Worley, nice voice and great steel playing!
Neil Flanz

Post by Neil Flanz »

Sleepy,like you said there is no predictable pattern as to what they are doing.What's worse, considering that their email icon has a URL that is non existant,they apparantly don't even care. A very sad state of affairs. Sure wish that someone who lives in Nashville would call the station manager and find out what's going on. Neil

------------------