I don't feel that way anymore!

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Theresa Galbraith

I don't feel that way anymore!

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I just heard this song on the radio by Danni Leigh. I thought the music sounded like a flash from the past.
What do you think?
Theresa
Robbie Bossert

Post by Robbie Bossert »

I agree. Very Patsy Clineish. She seems to come across well on record. But, as we have read here in the recent past, her live performance leaves something to be desired.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

PRO-TOOLS
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

Huh?
Tom Rutledge

Post by Tom Rutledge »

Hi Earl, Long time no see(You still have that Birdland?)...:-). Pro-Tools is a software program used quite alot in, Nashville at least, to automatically "tune" the vocals. It has made many an average live singer into a good studio singer. I think it has been in wide use about 3 or 4 years...maybe longer. Some think it is the ruination of real recording vocal talent , some think it is just a time saver and useful tool. I can see arguments for both sides, but I think it has been over used and I know for a fact that it has helped more than a few C&W singers pass as very good recording artists. IMHO
Hey Dumpling...You all sounded great at the "Station Inn" Keep at it...:-)
Tom

------------------
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

They have machines now (Antares etc) that tune up bad singers in real time. They are available on most TV shows.
Theresa Galbraith

Thanks guys,
I was referring more to the music than her singing. If I was a singer, I'd appreciate any help that was given to enhance
me vocally! But, always the talent needs to be there.
Theresa
Jerry Hedge

Post by Jerry Hedge »

If any of you saw InReview last week, Charles Earle did a article on studio tricks like Pro Tools. Basically you could feed in a monotone and come out with a singing voice sound. The article talked of plans to "create" a female Latino singer,using computer generated imaging for pictures of her,and tricks like Pro Tools for her singing voice. Pro Tools is how the business has come up with so many 13 to 18 year old females that sound like they're in their 30's
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Pete Drake told me one time that in all his years in Nashville,there was one singer who he had never heard sing sharp or flat-Loretta Lynn.
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

All Pro Tools/Antares does is make a mediocre/no feel singer an "in-tune" mediocre/no feel singer.
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

Hey Tom,thanks for remembering.I sure do still have my Byrdland,the guitar that made me famous. Image I emailed you.
My CD will be ready very soon for any of you guitar buffs. Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Earl Erb on 04 March 2000 at 04:18 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rich Paton

Post by Rich Paton »

Earl, could you shoot us some advance info...liner notes, anecdotal info?
I have buddy, Jim,in Seattle who DJ's a "Hillbill Jazz/Hot Guitar Picker/Guitar/PSG Duo" sort of radio show. He'll play your CD if you slip us a demo copy.

I talked him into interviewing Leon Rhodes, as he and I are huge Texas Troubadours fans.
Please check out these links!

Vintage Guitar Magazine "Meet the Writers"
(Jim Hilmar) http://www.vintageguitar.com/writers.htm

KSER Independent Radio (With Real Audio Internet Feed): Jim's program is "Frettin' Fingers", Wednesdays 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM PST.
It's listed under "Program Grid".

http://www.kser.org/
Theresa Galbraith

Steve,
Is this song going to be the first one released off the new cd? Very good steel work!
Theresa<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 05 March 2000 at 07:36 AM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Theresa-thank you so much for the kind words...I guess that must be the first single-we finished up tracking the first week in December.Hi to Gregg(he's my hero,you know)and everyone else-Steve
Latina

Post by Latina »

Mr. Hedge just a quick Spanish
language lesson. When one refers to
a Hispanic female, she is called a
"Latina." When one refers to a
Hispanic male, he is called a
"Latino." So which gender is going
to use the computer generated
imaging, etc.? Latino or Latina?

Just my two cents worth!

------------------
Mary
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Hey if they can make a guitar sound like a Piano and visa versa, Why can't they make a singer sound like a piano? Opps scuse me .Singer sound like a singer? Image

------------------
cjc
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 05 March 2000 at 10:26 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tom Rutledge

Post by Tom Rutledge »

Hi Earl, I am looking forward to the CD. I e-mailed you back...Take care
Tom
Bill cole

Post by Bill cole »

They can make them soumd like what and who they want. Nashvlle is good at making clones. Heck there cloning the GOOD old singers all the time. BUT some day they must face the cold hard truth and that cold hard truth can hurt real bad
Jerry Hedge

Post by Jerry Hedge »

Mary, sorry if I offended you! I meant Latina. Hey, what do I know? I'm just a poor old Hillbilly musician.
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

What! Now we have to worry about being politically correct before we can post on this forum? Image
Latina

Post by Latina »

Mr. Hedge:
No offense taken. As I stated, just a quick and free Spanish lession ( Image). It is a commonly made mistake.

------------------
Mary