Brad Paisley?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Tony Harris

Brad Paisley?

Post by Tony Harris »

Here in England we get very little country music on National radio (about 3 hours a week)and virtually NO country TV. A friend heard Brad Paisley and told me to listen out for him ("Great guitar playing, great songs etc.,")
Anybody know anything about him and his music?
Rich Young

Post by Rich Young »

I have his album. I really like it. The 2 hits from it (that I've heard on the radio) were songs that didn't feature his guitar playing at all. There's stuff on the album he just burns on, one instrumental in particular. Plus good songs and he wrote or co-wrote everything on the album except one gospel song (in The Garden).
Plus the players are great (steel, dobro & fiddle stand out) One of the best "commercial" country albums I've heard in a while.
kevin grissom

Post by kevin grissom »

TONY, IT'S REAL I WAS AT WALMART AND SEEN THE CD BILLBOARD OF BRAD TO OR THREE TIMES AND DIDN'T TAKE A LISTEN. THEN I HAD SOME EXTRA TIME ON DAY WHILE MY WIFE WAS SHOPPING SO I PUT THE CD IN THE DISPLAY PLAYER THEY HAD. NORMALLY THE DISPLAY CD PLAYER WILL ONLY PLAY THREE SONGS BUT THIS ONE WAS MESSED UP AND I STOOD THERE AND LISTENED TO THE WHOLE CD, LOOKED ON THE SHELF FOR ONE TO BUY AND THERE WAS SOLD OUT,SO I WENT TO A DIFFERENT STORE AND FOUND ONE WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS. IT'S GREAT!!!