Steel Guitars Stores in Las Vegas

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Silvio Bello

Steel Guitars Stores in Las Vegas

Post by Silvio Bello »

Hi friends ,
Anybody know of any stores in Las Vegas for steels ? Thank you.
sb
Jon James

Post by Jon James »

I don't know of any steel shops per se, but Cowtown Guitars has some pretty cool vintage guitars usually, if you are just interested in checking things out. If any place in vegas would have a steel, I would expect it to be there.
Jon
Steve Knight

Post by Steve Knight »

Hello Silvio,

Are you heading to Vegas for VLV next week?

SK
Gary Jones

Post by Gary Jones »

I don't know of any stores here in town that stock or sell steel guitars. When I was shopping for a new steel a year ago I went to Bobbe Seymour via the internet.
Sadly, most of the small local shops, such as Mahoney's Drum Shop, have closed down. Now we have Guitar Center and Sam Ash stores.The inventories in these stores seems to be about the same where ever you go.
Sidney Ralph Penton

Post by Sidney Ralph Penton »

well if your just starting out playing as a beginner go for something cheap in price like a mas gfi bmi etc and if your a seasoned player still get a used one off the forum and order you a good psg. there is about a little over a year wait for a zum but it is well worth the wait. bruce does a excellent job and he is so cool. if your lucky enough you might get a zum off of the forum but however you have to be quick cause they usually only last for a couple hours till they are sold. keep pickin doc

------------------
zum SD10 peavy vegas 400 peavy session 400
if its not a zum steel it isn't real

Mac Lloyd

Post by Mac Lloyd »

I've gone hunting through most of the music stores in Vegas, and have yet to find anything.

Like Sidney says, the best store is right here. Or Scotty's Image
Rick Collins

Post by Rick Collins »

Ed Romans' guitars has a few __ some six string lap steels and a Carter.

BTW. I think this is the largest guitar store in the U.S. __ over 5,000 guitars under one roof. It's on Industrial Blvd. near the Rio Hotel.

Rick
Silvio Bello

Post by Silvio Bello »

Thanks to Jon J.,Steve K.,Gary J.,Sidney P.,Mac L.,and Rich C.,for all your info...Seems that all I'm going to find in Vegas is, well, you know !!!
Thanks again .
Silvo
Oh, Steve K....the VLV show...I don't know what that is , and I don't have one of those VLV on my guitar , either ! That's something that my buddy John McClung probably has on his loaded double twelve Mullen !
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Right you are, Silvio! In fact I have TWO in my VLV Cluster. They're not hooked up, but at least I have them.

------------------
E9 lessons
Mullen D-12/MSA D-12/Sho-Bud Pro 1 S-12/Melobar/Webb/Profex II
Alvin Blaine

Post by Alvin Blaine »

VLV is Viva Las Vegas.
It's the worlds biggest Rock-a-billy show, with 50 bands from around the world playing day and night. Also a big car show and all kinds of fun.