North-East Ohio Pedal Steel Teacher?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kevin Swan

North-East Ohio Pedal Steel Teacher?

Post by Kevin Swan »

I had one lesson from a great younger guy but am no longer able to reach him; either I'm too much of a PITA or he's moseyed on to greener pastures. (Did see him play with his band a while later and he asked about my playing, so I think he'd remember me. Or maybe, as the kids say, he's "ghosting" me?)

At any rate, Hummingbird Music is too far south for me as I would really like a face-to-face hands-on lesson. I suppose I would consider myself "intermediate" as I know most of the basic, easy stuff but would like to learn much more. I did try some of the on-line stuff and will continue with that but in-person is preferrable. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
"Just because you're not a drummer doesn't mean you don't have to keep time." Thelonious Monk
Fred Treece

Post by Fred Treece »

Try forum member Daniel Morris. He’s in Westlake, so not far from you. He might be the guy you’re talking about, I don’t know. Other than him and a few other guys he might know, you’d be lucky to find anybody that even know what a pedal steel is. I grew up in Avon Lake, so I know a little bit about the area 😉
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

There is a Forum Member Gary Lambillotte, That lives in Medina, OH. I bought a guitar from him, He may know a local player who teaches steel.
Rick Kornacker

Maybe Mike W.

Post by Rick Kornacker »

Hey Kevin! Might want to check out Mike Wilson, a forumite. He's in Mansfield. Might be worth a short drive if he's into it You can tell him that I recommend him as a fine player(and old acquaintance). Regards,RK😎
"think MORE...play LESS"