Session 500 effects loop problem

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Travis Bubenik

Session 500 effects loop problem

Post by Travis Bubenik »

I got a Session 500 amp a while ago and the effects loop has never worked properly with my old Sho Bud volume pedal - wondering if anyone knows what this could be:

Sho Bud volume pedal straight into the regular amp inputs works just fine - but when I plug it into the effects loop, it just stays at one volume. No increase or decrease when the pedal is used, whatsoever.

I tried another volume pedal - simple ol' Ernie Ball - through the effects loop and it does work just fine - so I figure it's the pedal.

But - how could it be the pedal? Are those old ones wired in a way that just doesn't jive with effects loops or something?

End of the day, doesn't really matter - I don't need the effects loop. But I'm curious.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Are you going from your pedal to the effects loop in and the from the effects loop out to the input of your volume pedal?
You only stated that you were plugging IN to the effects loop.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Travis Bubenik

Post by Travis Bubenik »

Yea I am, I just meant plugged in as in, using the effects loop. Got it routed correctly.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

My late '80s 500 has always worked fine with the guitar direct to input and with any of my Edwards and Ernie Ball VP's in the pre-amp(on my 500 it says "Pedal") loop.I have no idea why that Sho-Bud VP wouldn't work.