Jackson Madison

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Joe Rogers

Jackson Madison

Post by Joe Rogers »

I am selling this Jackson Madison for a friend. It started life as a D-10 and was later converted to SD-10. You would have to contact David Jackson to find out the history, as I know nothing other than my friend bought it directly from David Jackson. It is in as close to brand new condition as you can get without actually taking possession of a brand new guitar. Even with the extra hardware underneath, it is an extremely light guitar. This particular model is designed with the nylon tuners for lowers on the keyhead end of the guitar. Quite an interesting design, it makes for a smooth mechanism.

Jackson guitars of this caliber start out at $8000. My friend will not take less than $4500, no trades. Preferably local sale. I can deliver to central and north Texas, possibly west Texas if you are not on a special time frame. I can also deliver to Nashville as I go there periodically. Prefer not to ship. The case is like brand new with casters.

Contact me through forum email.

Joe Rogers
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Very nice Steel Joe.
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

Thanks Johnie...!! It really has a sweet tone....!!

Joe Rogers
Justin Shaw

Post by Justin Shaw »

What a beauty. Jacksons sound like Sho-Buds don't they? Or pretty close I guess?
Finbarr O'Sullivan

Post by Finbarr O'Sullivan »

Sorry for butting in but that was never a D10. Beautiful guitar
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

Agree. No ports in the ends, no screw holes underneath. More desirable having not been hacked.
Clark Doughty

jackson guitar

Post by Clark Doughty »

WHAT IS THE SETUP ON THIS GUITAR?
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

Ken Pippus wrote:Agree. No ports in the ends, no screw holes underneath. More desirable having not been hacked.
... plus it's just not wide enough
Andy DePaule

Kool Color

Post by Andy DePaule »

Kool Color. :D
Is that some kind of knob next to the keyhead or a place for the bar?
I think Jackson PSG's are all very nice and well thought out designs.
Inlaid Star Guitar 2006 by Mark Giles. SD-10 4+5 in E9th; http://luthiersupply.com/instrument-gallery.html
2017 Mullen SD-10, G2 5&5 Polished Aluminum covering. Custom Build for me. Great Steel.
Clinesmith Joaquin Murphy style Aluminum 8 String Lap Steel Short A6th.
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.
Clark Doughty

jackson

Post by Clark Doughty »

WHAT LOOKS LIKE A KNOB IS A PLACE TO SOTRE YUR BAR. I'VD HAD A JACKSON WITH ONE OF THOSE....
Clark Doughty

Jackson Guitar

Post by Clark Doughty »

YOU HAVE EMAIL......
Dawn Jackson

Madison '63

Post by Dawn Jackson »

Hey all.
That's one of our Madison '63 models, which has our Dual Pulling Heads mechanism. This model has been retired. Beautiful guitar. The lowers are tuned on the keyhead end of the guitar (nylon tuners are in window; fine tuners are beside the keys). Raises are tuned on the tailplate end. This design allowed us to decrease the diameter of the pulling finger shaft, to replicate the tone of our Sho-Bud Permanent models from the '63 era (Madison, TN).

Here is a video of Robert Randolph playing it in Nashville a couple years ago:

https://youtu.be/JqN9PDt9G3w

This guitar was originally built as-is (single-neck) for a pastor in KY. He passed away and we brought it back in and re-finished it (it had faded dull), then sold to the most recent owner. Our standard E9 pedal setup was on it when we last shipped it. If you buy it shoot me a message and I will send a User's Manual.

And all of our guitars do sound like Sho-Buds, because...well...they still are. Dad (David) and Uncle Harry Jackson (sons of Shot Jackson) are still hand-building them. Same pickup design and winding as what Shot originated.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Dawn Jackson
Dawn Jackson
dawn@jacksonsteelguitar.com
310-387-4431
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

I apologize for being so late answering questions. I have been burning the candle at both ends AND the middle this week.

I was mistaken about it originally being a D-10. I thought I had remembered being told that by the owner, the guitar was here for a month and a half before I even got the time to open the case. I tweaked knee levers, saw the extra hardware underneath and just made a quick assumption. I didn't spend any time looking at it. I DID however, spend a LOT of time playing it after I tweaked it. The sustain you see in the Robert Randolph video in the link that Dawn posted is the real deal. This guitar DOES sustain that much.

I have a Jackson that sounds more like a Permanent than this one does....BUT I will say this one sounds like the old early 70's model round front guitars. So....if you are looking for THAT old Sho-Bud sound, but with a modern mechanism, this is your guitar.

What looks like a knob is a bar holder....a very nice touch.

As for the copedent, E Raises on LKL. E lowers on LKR. Strings 2 and 9 lowers are on RKR. RKL raises string 1 (but not 2) and lowers string 6 a half tone. LK vertical lowers the B's a half tone.

It's 6 am, I just drove home from a gig 3 hrs away. I will wake up at about 1 pm if you have any more questions....good night....LOL...

Joe Rogers
Clark Doughty

Jackson Steel Guitar

Post by Clark Doughty »

YOU HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL IF YOU'TR INTERESTED...............