Advice: Trade LDG for a D-10??

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Fogarty

Advice: Trade LDG for a D-10??

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Hey....a few months ago, I stumbled on a pristine early 80's Sho Bud LDG. Other than needing changing from Day to Emmons, it appears to have been basically unplayed. I really like it. But.....

It doesn't have all the changes I want on there, and the changer might not handle them. Plus, it's kind of heavy and in too good condition for taking out gigging. I just got a GFI Ultra S-10 for that.

So, I'm considering trading the LDG for a D-10. Maybe a nice older Bud?? Something that would stay set up at home, mostly.

Another reason is.....$$$ is tight, and I don't have a need for two single 10's, and could only afford a D-10 by selling/trading.

But again.....it's beautiful.

Thoughts? Advice?

Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

you should be able find a nice d10 of the same era as your ldg. if i were you i'd make the trade. life's short, you might as well try c6!
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

Dave Campbell wrote:life's short, you might as well try c6!
I actually started this journey on C6 non-pedal.....and did have a D-10 for a while. It was my only steel though, and arthritis forced me to go to an S-10, if I planned to move it at all. Now I can possibly afford both, if I trade/sell the LDG, and keep the D-10 setup at home.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

That is a great looking steel. I have never seen one with that dark a green (Emerald) but it sure is Beautiful. I sold mine like that several years back because of the weight. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.