Love my new Tab Rack

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill McCloskey

Love my new Tab Rack

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Just got this today, a Tab Rack from Tom Bradshaw. I love this thing. Installed in 15 seconds, MUCH better and closer than my music stands could ever be. I loaded it up no slippage.

Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

Yup. Works better than anything else, reasonably priced. Great service.

Tom’s the man.
Bob Shilling

Post by Bob Shilling »

I got one a couple of years ago. Now I can actually see what I'm playing. :? Don't know how I'd do without it.

Thanks to Tom Bradshaw.
Bob Shilling, Berkeley, CA--MSA S10, "Classic"
Christopher Woitach

Post by Christopher Woitach »

I’ve been loving mine for years, although “tab” has been on it about .5% of the time, usually sheet music…..

My only complaint used to be that if you bump it it’s pretty easy to knock it off, so my McGuyver type upstairs neighbor made a Velcro strap to hold it tight. This is only a problem for clumsy people (such as myself), and isn’t an actual design flaw.

I like it much better than a music stand or anything of the various smaller leg clamped designs I’ve seen here, mainly because it’s much closer, and I can have several of the various books, sheets, and an iPad on it with no problems.

Terrific product - yay Tom Bradshaw!
Christopher Woitach
cw@affmusic.com
www.affmusic.com
Richard Alderson

Post by Richard Alderson »

I have one and I love it; Its perfect for pedal steel, there is nothing else like it, I do need the full spread for five pages of tabs in a single song, in some instructional materials I use. Has anybody seen if there are two sizes available for the clamped pieces, they are about 7 inches in length, I could use like an extra inch or half inch for one of my guitars which has a larger cabinet body and I would prefer that the music stand be lifted just a half inch or maybe an inch more above the E9th neck.
Derby SD-10 5x6; GFI S-10 5x5; GFI S-10 5x5; Zum D-10 8x7; Zum D-10 9x9; Fender 400; Fender Rumble 200; Nashville 400; Telonics TCA-500.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

When I really loaded it up, i found some slippage. Tom suggests a thin piece of duck tape along the back of the clamp or under the clamp around the legs. Others have suggested zip ties if you really like to load it up with Ipads and books.

Really, really love this thing.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc