Boo Miller

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Barry Yasika

Boo Miller

Post by Barry Yasika »

I saw Gene Watson a few weeks ago and a fellow named Boo Miller is now playing with Gene Watson. First Resound 65 I’ve seen and heard. Boo played great and his guitar gets the Barry Yasika Blue Ribbon of Approval. Mike Borque is who I thought would be playing and although I saw him there I guess he plays with Sammy Kershaw these days. My apologies if I got any of the names wrong or misspelled. I thought about posting Gene’s picture but he’s not a steel player and Boo looked better. 😁 JK
Emmons
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

When Boo first played the Opry with Gene, the Emmons Guitar Company brought out his Emmons ReSound '65, and Gene acknowledged the people at Emmons friends of his and friends of the Farewell Party Band. Gene said he's a fan of Emmons guitars and wanted the Emmons sound for his live shows. Another steel player playing the Emmons ReSound '65 is Wesley Fowler, who now plays steel with Clint Black. Mike Bourque played steel with Gene before Boo Miller came into the band.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

What’s that pad Boo’s steel is on? Can’t read the logo. Did Boo bring it or did the venue supply it? To protect the flooring or to stabilize the guitar?

So many questions…
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Boo's a nice guy and a fantastic player! I first saw him almost 25 years ago, and he was a hot player even back then. :D

(That pad says "Emmons", by the way.)
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Donny Hinson wrote: (That pad says "Emmons", by the way.)
Aha - so it’s a promo piece!
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Bob