Steel Guitar Repair

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Bearley

Steel Guitar Repair

Post by Bill Bearley »

Hello everyone,

Wondering, if there are any Emmons Lashley LeGrande II repair technicians near Clearwater, Fl. If so, please send me an email.

Thank you,

Bill

bbearley@brighthouse.com
Rich Upright

Post by Rich Upright »

Hi; I live in Spring Hill, right off County Line Rd. Not too far from you. I also play a Lashley LeGrande D-10. While not a steel tech per se, I have managed to keep my LeGrande working well for the last 25 years.
What is it that you need done? Will be more than happy to help you out if it's something I can tackle.
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.
Bill Bearley

Steel Guitar Repair

Post by Bill Bearley »

Hello Rich,

Thanks, for your reply. I sent you an email. I’m only about an hour away from Spring Hill. Please, send me an email when you get a chance.

Thank you,

Bill
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

If Rich can't help you, there is a steel tech, JR Reich, in Oxford (west end of The Villages). JR has 20+ years working on steels.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Bill Bearley

Steel Guitar Repair

Post by Bill Bearley »

Hello Jack,

Thanks, for your reply! Oxford is almost two hours from me.If I need to do that I will. I also have an old D-10 MSA Classic. Do you know if he works on them?

Bill
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Probably can. He worked for over 20 years at Bonz music in Wildwood (until the owner retired and closed the store). They had all brands of steels for sale, and he worked on all of them.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit