Sesh 400

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Letz

Sesh 400

Post by Danny Letz »

I have a Sesh 400. To me it seems that no knob on it sets like anything I've ever had. It has been a heck of a learning curve but yet there is something about it I like. I am slowly closing in on the tone I want. I am using a Straight Ahead amp. My question is, do others of you have to set your Master at near 3 oclock to get enough volume at a gig? (the Straight Ahead power amp is all the way up).
Steve Hinson

wow

Post by Steve Hinson »

Something’s wrong!

That rig ought to be blowing the back wall outta
anyplace you play it-I can’t imagine…

I’ve literally run my Sesh 400 on zero and my TB 202 halfway up
and it was plenty loud…

Check cables,VP,speaker connections,etc.

Good luck!

SH
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Something is wrong with the hook up wiring as Steve mentioned. I have a Sesh 400 and a Straight Ahead power amp and there is plenty of power to spare.
I survived the sixties!
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

The problem may have been in the cords. Gonna do away with the 90 degree George L ends and check with an ohm meter more often. Seems good at home with gain at about 9 oclock. I'll find out Saturday when I play out again. Thanks
George Biner

Post by George Biner »

That is a 200W rms amp, that is a huge amount of power, as they said, just cracked it should be loud.
Guacamole Mafia - California Country Rock band
Electrical engineer / amp tech in West Los Angeles
Mullen RP SD10 E9 / Fender Deluxe Reverb, Princeton, Princeton Reverb
"Now there is a snappy sounding instrument. That f****r really sings." - Jerry Garcia
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

I ohmed the George L cords & cut & reinstalled the ends on some of them & got rid of some 90’s. That helped a bunch but I still ended up with the gain near 12 o’clock on the Sesh at a gig. I admit the stage volume is pretty high. At home around 8 or 9 o’clock is probably enough. May still have something wrong but it’s way better. Running a Matchbox 60 right out of the guitar, a Dd3 & a Wet Reverb ahead of Sesh, Straight Ahead power amp, 15” Eminence Neo speaker.
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »

Try these settings. Keep the sensitivity about 9 1/2 to 10 and adjust master as needed.

Ron Hogan

Post by Ron Hogan »

Norman Evans wrote:Try these settings. Keep the sensitivity about 9 1/2 to 10 and adjust master as needed.

I noticed your presence is about 2 o’clock. On mine I have treble and presence about 7 to 8 o’clock. Otherwise it’s piercing highs.
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Thanks, I will try. Mr Hogan, your settings got me the closest to what I want. Will try both your suggestions.
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

I'm getting along pretty good with the Sesh. My gain is up around 12:00 though. That's pretty loud but we're playing some venues where we probably should be goin thru the PA.