What is it worth?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Bob Hardy

What is it worth?

Post by Bob Hardy »

OK I posted some thing earlier but I did not have all three pieces so I’m going to start a new thread and here it is this was my mothers. I have pictures of her playing it at the Hollywood bowl when she was a kid. You can see the two jacks in the back of the amplifier one for the guitar. The other one is for the turntable. Now I cleaned up the amplifier and replaced the front and back covers as you can see it lights and that’s as far as I’ve got. the turntable needs cleaning. I really need to get as much as I can for this. If you have seen this sell somewhere else, please give me an idea I’ve never seen this trio at all. Thanks in advance, Bob
sho~bud LDG, speedster combo,fender deville, swr california blonde, roland AC60, larrivee P09FM TSB, tele, prs, kamaka custom tenor, pono ebony tenor, moms lap steel, 1950 belair, 1970 yamaha HT1, Kawsaki ZRX1200, and a bitchin 60's mini bike
Noah Miller

Post by Noah Miller »

My gut feeling is $3-400 each for the steel and the amp, so $600-800 for the pair. That assumes they're both in good working order.

I actually think that the record player would be easier to sell without the others, and the steel/amp would be easier to sell without the record player. Most likely, two different sets of buyers with minimal overlap. I have no idea what the record player is worth.
Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

Thanks Noah have you ever seen one of those record players I thought that it was some thing that my grandmother got that came as they set of three?
sho~bud LDG, speedster combo,fender deville, swr california blonde, roland AC60, larrivee P09FM TSB, tele, prs, kamaka custom tenor, pono ebony tenor, moms lap steel, 1950 belair, 1970 yamaha HT1, Kawsaki ZRX1200, and a bitchin 60's mini bike
John Dahms

Post by John Dahms »

I must say that for all the MOTS Magnatone pieces I have seen I have never seen a set like these with the phono player. Looks like late 40s vintage. It probably plays 78rpm only. I have no idea of the value but it is cool to see.
Time flies like an eagle
Fruit flies like a banana.
Noah Miller

Post by Noah Miller »

Bob Hardy wrote:Thanks Noah have you ever seen one of those record players I thought that it was some thing that my grandmother got that came as they set of three?
Magnatone sold PA amps and indeed record players, though I don't think any of those sold in large numbers. This is the only catalog I have showing them, and it's clearly not the same model as yours:

Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

Thanks again Noah I’m still hoping somebody finds the trio of matching guitar amp and player. Or at the very least want it :-) thanks again