Steel Wall

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Peters

Steel Wall

Post by Gary Peters »

Hi,

Here's a new album's worth of laid back jazz-orientated tracks that you might like.

https://garypeters.bandcamp.com/album/steel-wall

Enjoy!

Gary
Williams 700 Keyless U12
Andrew Frost

Post by Andrew Frost »

This is some great stuff Gary...I have it playing now.

I see you're from Bristol. I played there once, the last town on a uk tour a few years ago....Large venue with a courtyard... 'attic moon' or something like that..

...great sounds
cheers
Andy
Gary Peters

Post by Gary Peters »

Thanks Andy, much appreciated. There was a time when at least a tiny minority of Forumites liked what I was doing, but I think those days have long gone...it's just you now! The same on the UK site: kinda depressing...but onwards we go!!!

Thanks again.
Williams 700 Keyless U12
Andrew Frost

Post by Andrew Frost »

ya I hear you. But you never really know...

I used to get irked by folks who would walk in to gigs, take a front table with arms crossed and eyeball the band with a seemingly judgemental posture. I've learned at this point that they are very often the ones who come over on a set break and want to tell you they really like the playing...

What's the experimental music scene like in Bristol? I felt there was a pretty decent creative energy there...
Gary Peters

Post by Gary Peters »

True enough.

Very cool scene in Bristol. Nice little improvisation scene too. My Son is very active in Bristol; he keeps me in the loop. In fact, the young dudes organising some of these things are very keen to get me involved, which is nice given that I'm well over 100 years old.
Williams 700 Keyless U12