Sierra Artist - 3X2 - $1,200

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Matt Kukura

Post by Matt Kukura »

Selling my sons Sierra Artist, he has upgraded to a D-10. It served him well while he was learning. It plays and sounds great. There are two cosmetic issues which don't affect the tone or playability. There is a small area on the backside where the mica has lifted and cracked, also there are four wing-nut screws which hold the legs to the body, one of them has lost their wings, but it has a big enough head on it to tighten easily and properly. I have included pics of both of these cosmetic issues. Comes with the original wheeled case, leg bag and a dust cover my wife made for it.
$1,200 + shipping. Would be willing to drive a reasonable distance from Knoxville,TN to avoid shipping if you prefer.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

One of my students had an Artist, and they are amazing guitars, way under-rated, and so dang light! I seem to recall a few years ago parts could be obtained to add more levers. Try contacting Jim Palenscar in Oceanside, CA, for parts or at least a lead on where to get parts, if available.

Highly recommended, great pro guitar for a student model price.
Last edited by John McClung on 26 Sep 2023 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Jim Hyatt

Purchase

Post by Jim Hyatt »

I'd like to make arrangements to purchase your Sierra. I would need it to be shipped. Let me know the cost. I can send you a check from my account or a cashiers check or let me know how you would want the payment. I'm excited to play it.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Jim Hyatt: when I briefly played the Artist, I was astonished at how good it sounded. Amazing tone from a hollow aluminum body. Hope you enjoy your new rig.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Matt Kukura

Post by Matt Kukura »

Hey Jim just sent you a PM
Flip Brown

Post by Flip Brown »

I owned one, and the only reason I don't still have it is because I was able to pick up a 2004 MSA Milly SD-10 for $3K. This is a great guitar, especially for this price.
MSA Millennium SD-10 #22, Fender Steel King with Eminence EPS-15C speaker, Lehle Mono 90 Volume Pedal, Sarno Black Box, Baby Bloomer, Sarno Earth Drive, EHX Mel 9, EHX Small Stone, Mooer Chorus, Keeley Caverns, Clinesmith bar, Acri picks, Nioma lap steel, Regal resonator, and a whole bunch of other instruments.
Matt Kukura

Post by Matt Kukura »

John & Flip,
You guys are correct, the tone from these guitars are quite impressive, I would have kept it if I didn't have two others....
Bill Alexander

Artist

Post by Bill Alexander »

Great deal!
It's all about the music