Keith Junot

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Randy Boyd

Keith Junot

Post by Randy Boyd »

Mullen G2 S10 Custom American Flag with 4 & 5; Fender & G&L Tele's, TC Electronics micro effects , Telonics TCA-500b Mini 15 Amp, & Telonics Volume Pedal.
W. C. Edgar
Location: Iowa City Iowa, Madison CT, Nashville, Austin, Phoenix, East Coast Soon!

Post by W. C. Edgar »

Damn!
So sorry to hear this
Keith and I had spoken several times on the phone, he had contacted me on FB first about how much he liked my music and thought we should work together when I got to the area
Talked about his days in Alaska and how much he loved real country music.
Again, so sorry to hear of his passing, guys like this don't come around too often
WC Edgar
First owner of Steelseat.com
1980 Sho-Bud Pro II & 1977 Sho-Bud Pro l
Lawrence 610 Pickups
1979 Peavey LTD
1980 Peavey Nashville 400
Goodrich L-120
Toured with Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson & more
wcedgar.com
Buddie Hrabal

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

I only got to work with one time at TSGA Jamboree, but it didn't take long to realize his talent and ability. He was a pleasure to work with. RIP Keith
1975 Emmons P/P D-10, Sierra Sesion D-10, Dekley HS-210, Sho-Bud "Blue Darlin" V, Evans FET-500HV amp,Goodrich L-120 pedal
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

My condolences, Randy. I always enjoyed his playing and personality in Dallas. But take comfort that his pain is no more.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

I recall seeing Keith playing at the TSGA Jamboree a few years ago.

Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

Keith was a good friend, and we had lots of adventures playing in dancehalls, nightclubs, ice houses all over SE Texas. He was a great musician, a fountain of knowledge about country music history, and a huge fan of the steel guitar, so much so that we could instantly twin or harmonize each others parts and solos. He had a great ear.

Keith's father was a highly regarded left-handed (as was Keith) Cajun fiddler who at one time had played with Jimmy C. Newman. He sang in French and danced while he played.

In the 90s Keith moved to Anchorage and stayed busy playing with Stu Schulman and other Alaska musicians. He returned to Texas several years ago. He was a great musician with an uncanny sense of humor. I'm really going to miss him.
www.susanalcorn.net

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
Larry Allen

Post by Larry Allen »

This is so sad..Keith lived in my studio in Anchorage several times, Stu and I played 100’s of gigs together with him..he was one of a kind! Lefty, upside down fiddle and guitar guy..I still have one of his old beater fiddles hanging in the studio.. :( Larry
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Lee Barber

Keith my friend

Post by Lee Barber »

I waited till now to post. The loss of Keith has hit me hard. We talked, texted and passed pictures and stories back and forth on a daily bases, his voice net what it is to be. Keith on stage was larger than life, before the cancer took him down.
He came back hard and played his music, not able to sing though he never was the old Keith. He loved music and musicians and he loved his family and friends.
As tears come to my eyes once again I will leave you with this video, it is Keith as I remember him. Love you my friend R.I.P.

https://youtu.be/nuEyZHhy_-M?si=ig7nNxIrphFsrlDw
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
Larry Allen

Post by Larry Allen »

THANK YOU Lee… :D
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side