SOLD: Emmons S10 P/P '66 Bolt On available again $3,000

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Henry Senior

SOLD: Emmons S10 P/P '66 Bolt On available again $3,000

Post by Henry Senior »

The sale of this guitar in London fell through.
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... ght=emmons

Buyer found it hard to set up and I have since found it hard to set up (specific problem being getting E to F# raise on C pedal to go far enough).

I have not tried to find a local tech in the UK; have been busy with other things and there aren't many pedal steel techs over here.

I will be in Nashville for a while from Sept 16th so can bring to USA.

I think Tyler Nuffer sent me the first message when I listed before so should have first offer, if still interested. (Will message him).

The guitar is pretty clean underneath, changer in v good condition and used to raise E - F# OK - I can't see a reason why the E wouldn't raise to F# but I am not good at mechanics and espcially bad at understanding Emmons!

(Gator case no longer included, but Hatton case pictured is)
Last edited by Henry Senior on 20 Sep 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. David Carrera

Post by J. David Carrera »

PM'd
Dave Magram

Post by Dave Magram »

Hi Henry,

Getting enough slack on the 4th string of an Emmons push-pull for the raises and lowers to work is very tricky--unless you have the booklet & DVD mentioned below...

I'd highly recommend Clem Schmitz's bargain-priced booklet "Methodology And Practice In Pedal Steel Guitar" to any Emmons push-pull owner. Clem used to own a steel guitar store and repair shop in Minneapolis, then one in Nashville, where he worked on Emmons push-pulls owned by players such as Mike Johnson.

The 24-page booklet shows how to make simple adjustments to an Emmons push-pull or even take the entire guitar apart and put it back together.
In his booklet, Clem explains step by step (with photos) exactly how to disassemble, re-assemble, and adjust push-pull guitars with several clever little tricks that would take a very long time to figure out--including a simple solution to setting the correct amount of slack on the 4th string in 5 seconds or less!
Just that tip alone is worth the bargain price of Clem's booklet & DVD! :D

He sells the booklet and a DVD combo package on eBay listed as "Pedal Steel Guitar 83 METHODOLOGY P/P Book & 2008 2 DVD's Package" for just $21!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274497649883?h ... XQMmJROe-R
Highly recommended!

If Clem's material is no longer on eBay, try contacting him at freedomsauce(at)comcast(dot)net (replace the "at" with "@", and "dot" with ".")

Emmons push-pull guitars are very reliable and stable and I almost never need Clem's booklet, but it's great to have for the rare time every 10 years or so when some little Allen screw loosens up somewhere, or a string pitch change isn't happening the way it should and you have to leave for a gig in the next 30 minutes. :)

Clem is a very helpful guy; I've heard that if you are really stuck, he will guide you through the fix via Skype for a very nominal fee.

- Dave
Mike Fried

Post by Mike Fried »

PM sent
Visit my music page at http://facebook.com/drfried
Alex Kidd

Post by Alex Kidd »

PM Sent as well
Alex Kidd
alexkiddmusic.com
Daniel Stein

steel

Post by Daniel Stein »

pm sent
Guitar,Bass,Drums,PSG,Lapsteel,Mandolin,Banjo
1978 sho bud pro 2 d10 8x5
1971 Emmons d10 8x4
Quilter mach 3
Sho bud single channel amp
Custom Tele with Fralins,Matney B bender and Warmoth neck
Fender telecaster bass with fralin pickup
Yamaha fretless bass
MarkBass 1x12 (Bass rig)
1973 Slingerland Drumkit with Old zildjian cymbals
Yamaha modx 6 (keyboard)
yamaha sv120 fiddle
1979 washburn Jethro burns mandolin (with LR baggs pickup)
2022 deering deluxe banjo (dotson bridge, emg acb pickup)
Henry Senior

Post by Henry Senior »

this guitar is now sold, thanks for all the interest.