1960s LeRoy Prine Pedalmaster D9 SOLD Please Close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Austin Carter

1960s LeRoy Prine Pedalmaster D9 SOLD Please Close

Post by Austin Carter »

This is a guitar build by LeRoy Prine of Fort Smith, AR in the 1960s. It is a push pull D9 and E9 neck is in great shape but the C9 neck has been neglected a bit but all pedals and the one knee lever are functional. There is some kind of electronic issue in the switch. The center position kills both pickups but operates normally in either of the other positions.

Asking $1500. Can be picked up in Murray, KY at my shop or can meet up within a few hours drive. Otherwise, can ship at buyer's expense based on location.

Can accept Paypal or Venmo payment.

Last edited by Austin Carter on 20 Sep 2023 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Nice looking old guitar Austin. I knew LeRoy well and visit his shop many times back in the day. I live 30 miles from their. LeRoy was a HOOT. Was full of stories but a good old man. I would ask some body about you saying this is a push/pull. I think it is more of a Sho-Bud early design, pull/release. And the pedals look Sho-Bud. Not sure but I think I saw this guitar in his shop one day. He made everything by hand in his little shop. LeRoy was a sign painter by trade. I have fond memories of him. He shared with me how to make pickup forms and wind them. Good luck with your sale. Those pickups are his pickups.
J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Austin Carter

Pull Release

Post by Austin Carter »

Sorry. I am still new to the mechanisms and history of steels. This guitar is really well built and I think LeRoy’s history in the community is really interesting. I’ve had multiple players say how good it plays for its age. It’s a beautiful instrument and I’m glad for it to have kind of been my introduction to playing pedal steel.
Austin Carter

LeRoy Prine

Post by Austin Carter »

Thank you for sharing some of your memories of LeRoy, JR. The pickups sound excellent. I figured they were custom or hand wound for this guitar.
Ron Frederiksen

Steel

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

I spent some time with Leroy. He was a carector for sure. I had one of his guitars and it was great but heavy. He lived right by Jerry Roller and that's how I met him..
That Will make someone a good guitar !!!
Abe Levy

Post by Abe Levy »

I’ve an early 60s guitar he built. Real tank! Great tone! I’d love to have another. If the price comes down I might be interested. Unfortunately shipping is so crazy expensive now…
Mostly Pre-1970 guitars.
Austin Carter

Post by Austin Carter »

Open to reasonable offers as well.
Austin Carter

Post by Austin Carter »

TTT
Carter SD-10 3p/5k, Ampeg Micro SVT, Paul Franklin PF-400