P90 guitar pickup.. $20

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Bob Carlucci

P90 guitar pickup.. $20

Post by Bob Carlucci »

I can't tell you the brand, I honestly don't know.. Black plastic cover [non dog ear style],P 90 thats been in the neck position of a tele I have for 20 or so years, and it was old when I installed it.. No markings of any type on it, has a brass base plate, and its different from other P90's I have seen in the the plate is not flat, it has a very slight v shape.. It sounds very strong, and had a very classic p90 sound in the tele for decades.. I have decided to install a new tortoise guard in the tele and go with a firebird type mini humbucker in the neck as I have all the P90 type guitars I need,and its been a while since I had anything with an enclosed mini... At some point, probably when I installed the P90 as a much younger man, I wrapped some tape around the exposed coils under the cover, and it remains there today, nicely done, no sloppiness.. Its been a terrific pickup for me, and always sounded great, just super powerful, punchy, and that has wonderful, kind of "hollow, woody " P 90 sound... ... Lead is kind of short, maybe 5-6 inches making me think it started life in the bridge position on the guitar it originally came from.. anyway, really nice old p90, for $20 shipped... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

I’ll take it, Bob. PM forthwith.
Excel Superb D10, Kline U12, Sarno Black Box, Goodrich L120, Boss DD5, Baby Bloomer, 1965 Super Reverb chopped to a head, feeding a mystery PA cab w/ a K130.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

If Pete decides to pass,count me in !