Zane Beck

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Wilkerson

Zane Beck

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Would any of you forum members happen to know what string gauges Zane Beck used on his tuning. I'm thinking about using his 1977 setup on my MSA when I pick it up. Appreciate all comments
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Lyle Dent

Zane Beck

Post by Lyle Dent »

I use a 20p on the 6th and a 68 on the 12th.
Hope this helps.
Rittenberry Prestige SD-12,Mullen G2 SD-12 ,Mullen PRP S-12 BMI S-12 V8 octal, BJS Bars, LiveSteelStrings,Steelers Choice Seat.
Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Lyle thank you so much sorry for the late reply. Yes that helped immensely sl.Slim
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Lyle Dent

Zane Beck

Post by Lyle Dent »

Mike, It’s a great tuning. There are several of us in Arkansas that play his tuning so let me know if you have any questions !
Rittenberry Prestige SD-12,Mullen G2 SD-12 ,Mullen PRP S-12 BMI S-12 V8 octal, BJS Bars, LiveSteelStrings,Steelers Choice Seat.
Mike Wilkerson

Re: Zane Beck

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Lyle Dent wrote:Mike, It’s a great tuning. There are several of us in Arkansas that play his tuning so let me know if you have any questions !
Larry if possible do you or can you tab out some simple grips and scales? I am a former D-10 player coming into this tuning and I'm a newbie to this tuning. I will be using Zane's last tuning as stated on the BMI website prior to his illness.Thank you so much my friend