Hatton Cases, Maybe think twice

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Blaine OBrien

Hatton Cases, Maybe think twice

Post by Blaine OBrien »

I hate writing negative reviews. I especially hate it in this forum. I often brag to my fellow six-string players how amazing and supportive this group of musicians and tinkerers is. But, with that in mind, I feel like I have a duty to let people here know. I was looking to have a new steel case that would help me lighten the load of my Show Pro double neck. Everything I read said that Hatton split cases was the way to go. There was one negative review on the forum, but I had hoped that it was an anomaly. It was not. Kevin Hatton was incredibly hard to communicate with. In the end I sent him my money and months later I got a case, that seemed of fine quality, but wasn't what I wanted. Since then I have been completely ghosted. It's been months. I offered to pay for return shipping and any difference in costs in order to save my investment, but he has not returned a single message. I know that my investment is lost at this point. I know others have had better experiences working with Kevin and I also know some have had similar experiences to mine. I guess all I'm trying to say is that, there are tons of amazing people on this forum. Maybe Kevin is or was one of them. I just didn't have that experience and now I'm out months of waiting and the money I sent. So if you're looking for new steel cases, maybe don't gamble and find someone that doesn't have mixed reviews. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Show Pro D-10, ZumSteel Encore, Evans SE200, Milkman The Amp 50 + Telonics 15"
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

You can't make this stuff up. This man ordered a single case and then came back after he received the case and told me he meant to order a set of split cases. ???
He NEVER said split cases. He said he was interested "in a new case" for his guitar. When I shipped I told him that "his case" was being shipped. You can't make this stuff up folks. It just happens. If this wasn't so sad it would be comical. I don't want to have anything to do with him. This order is complete.
Jim Saunders

Cases

Post by Jim Saunders »

I have split cases for my Mullen D-10, built by Hatton. They are nice quality and made within the promised time. I had no problems or issues to confront, so I won't comment on Keven's customer service.
Rick Baker

Hatton Cases

Post by Rick Baker »

Absolute top quality and Kevin is great to work with.

To complain about him or his work/customer service, well... I'd guess this is the wrong place to fart in the elevator just as you step off.

I think you are right, Kevin... sometimes, you just gotta walk away...
...it's never to late to be the good guy...
Emmons Legrande D10 9/7, 'cause I'm an Emmons guy.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

I ordered split cases from Kevin. He answered every email and the cases were made in record time. They are excellent and Kevin is easy to work with.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Tom Wolverton

I won’t buy Hatton anymore

Post by Tom Wolverton »

I bought a Hatton case for my Fender Stringmaster. It was a disappointment because he used screws instead of rivits to attach the hardware to the case. The screws would come loose and fall out. Kevin’s solution: he told me to put Gorilla Glue on the screws. I sold that case quickly. I prefer rivits. I now get my cases from Hugh Briley or Red Dirt.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Kevin made me split tweed cases for my Emmons push pull. It was a perfect fit for my guitar body plus the legs and pedal bar assembly. I made it clear what cases I wanted when I got my quote from Kevin, and our communication to and from each other was clear, unambiguous and professional. I would use him again in a heartbeat.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Kevin made several cases for me without a problem.
Erv
Blaine OBrien

Post by Blaine OBrien »

Hey I can't tell anyone who to believe. I'm telling my truth and I'm trying to be helpful. This is the first I've heard from Kevin in months. I had to post here to get a reply. And Kevin, you're response indicates to me how you treat customer service. I have, not once, been rude to you and have only tried to work with you to rectify the situation. I don't want a tiff, I just want people to make informed decisions. Calling an order complete when a customer is reaching out to you again and again just doesn't fit my definition. But I'll leave it alone now. I've said my peace.
Show Pro D-10, ZumSteel Encore, Evans SE200, Milkman The Amp 50 + Telonics 15"