Emmons push pull legs & fretboards

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Karl Nutt

Emmons push pull legs & fretboards

Post by Karl Nutt »

Hi guys, does anybody know where I can find a set (4) of legs for my Emmons push pull that are 1” LONGER than stock? Also, I need both fretboards for the same guitar. I’d like to find the original metal boards. Silver or white doesn’t matter. Thank you for any help you can provide! Karl
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Check with Emmons . There fretboards are exactly like the original metal fret boards except that they are measured correctly. The originals were off by a bit.
Bob
Lynn Stafford

Emmons Metsl Fret Boards

Post by Lynn Stafford »

I have Emmons OEM metal fret boards, no legs.
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
Karl Nutt

Post by Karl Nutt »

Thank you guys!
Dave Magram

Re: Extending Emmons guitar legs & pedal rods -- extenders

Post by Dave Magram »

Karl Nutt wrote:Hi guys, does anybody know where I can find a set (4) of legs for my Emmons push pull that are 1” LONGER than stock? ... Thank you for any help you can provide! Karl
Karl,

Instead of buying new legs, I think most taller guys just use "extenders" to extend the legs and pedal rods with a total cost of about $10.
Much less expensive than buying new custom-fit guitar legs. :)

To extend the legs on my Emmons, I bought a 6" length of gray 1" outside-diameter PVC pipe from a hardware store and cut two 1"-long pieces to keep the pedalboard in position on the front legs after I extended them both by 1". (If you're concerned about looks, you can use chromed metal pipe instead of PVC.)
Then, I simply extended the back legs 1" to match the front legs.

To extend the pedal rods, I happened to have had some 1" long aluminum "printed circuit board hex standoffs" (for use inside a PC desktop computer) that fit the Emmons pedal rods perfectly.

Years ago, someone posted on the SGF that Emmons pedal rod threads are 10-32. I'd suggest checking the threads on your pedal rods to confirm the thread size before ordering the PCB standoffs.

Aluminum "PCB standoffs" are available online for less than $1 each.

- Dave
Karl Nutt

Post by Karl Nutt »

Hi Dave!
I’ve actually made spacers to go between the pedal bar and leg clutch. I used aluminum tubing, and even polished it with simichrome polish to make it look like the chrome legs. It worked great. However, my other 2 Emmons guitars have the 1” longer legs and I really like the stock look (no spacers). I do however appreciate the tip!