Marlen D10 1969 SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Rick Pardue

Marlen D10 1969 SOLD

Post by Rick Pardue »

1969 Marlen D10 just gone through and set up by Mike Calloway in great working condition 8 pedals and 3 knee levers , has had some holes drilled in one end for some reason
its a Day setup and its a pull release deal as i understand it,
very nice case thats looks almost new so it hasn't been carried around much, it has dual coil pickups and sounds really great shipping could be arranged but i would say it's expensive 1900$ 336-469-7160
Last edited by Rick Pardue on 6 Aug 2023 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jon Zimmerman

Marlen stunner

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Beautiful cabinet, a time capsule. Underneath, I admire the way the round alum knee lever material tucks into a much wider base, with a hogged-out pivot point.. clever idea in the pre-CAD era.
Abe Levy

Post by Abe Levy »

Cool guitar! It is a pull release, not push pull. The holes in the end plate were drilled to add nylon tuners so that the strings with both raises and lowers could be tuned at the end plate instead of underneath. A helpful, if crude addition. I bet it has tone for days.
Mostly Pre-1970 guitars.
Rick Pardue

Post by Rick Pardue »

Abe Levy wrote:Cool guitar! It is a pull release, not push pull. The holes in the end plate were drilled to add nylon tuners so that the strings with both raises and lowers could be tuned at the end plate instead of underneath. A helpful, if crude addition. I bet it has tone for days.
Thanks for the info It does sound like a classic steel
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Confusion on the push/pull terminology: In the early days of pull/release, the push/pull name was applied because of the action of the over and under bellcranks, push to lower against spring tension and pull to raise. Only after Emmons called their guitars push/pull was the term pull/release used to differentiate between the two systems.
LeGrande II, Nash. 112, Harlow Dobro
Derek Puckett

Post by Derek Puckett »

Price?
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

The price is listed.