JangleBox

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Hanson

JangleBox

Post by Jack Hanson »

Is anyone using a JangleBox compressor? Which model(s) do you prefer?
Ken Metcalf

Post by Ken Metcalf »

Keeley Compressor Plus 4-Knob Compressor here.
https://sanantoniosteelguitarassoc.com/
MSA 12 String E9th/B6th Universal
Little Walter PF-89.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

I use a Keeley Compressor Plus when my rackmounted Alesis 3630 is too much bother to schlep around. The Keeley is more transparent than the Dyna-Comp but still puts on some unwanted hair at higher settings.

I too would be interested in hearing folks' opinions on how the JangleBox works with steel! ;-)
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

I really like my Freeway from Gearbox Audio. It's very subtle, doesn't have the quacky sound of more aggressive compressors. Dead silent, too.
Last edited by John McClung on 9 Jul 2023 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Michael Hill

Post by Michael Hill »

I had a jb3 for a while. It was so noisy when the guitar wasn't playing. I couldn't live with it. I think all the janglebox models are similar.
John Larson

Post by John Larson »

I have a clone of a janglebox I built and it sounds very McGuinn ish with a 12 string.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5