Peavey Stereo Chorus 400

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Sergio Santos

Peavey Stereo Chorus 400

Post by Sergio Santos »

hello I'm about to buy a Peavey Stereo Chorus anybody is familiar wit this amp ? and it will be a good pair for a Sho-Bud Super pro . Thanks all
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I believe Donny Hinson uses one. I have a stereo:chorus with Scorpion speakers. It does ok for steel. Different speakers would help.
Sergio Santos

Post by Sergio Santos »

Larry Dering wrote:I believe Donny Hinson uses one. I have a stereo:chorus with Scorpion speakers. It does ok for steel. Different speakers would help.
. Thanks Larry
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Actually, the one I use is the Stereo Chorus 212 (with the built-in digital EFX package). The Stereo Chorus 400 doesn't have the digital EFX, but it does have better tonal possibilities because it has the valuable "Shift" control. The Peavey chorus sound is pretty good...not as good as the Roland, but still pretty decent.

It's a good amp. The Scorpion speakers do work better for guitar than steel, but they're still acceptable, and easy enough to change. All that said, I'd be fine with either amp, as they both have good prices on the used market. (But be sure you get the foot-switch with the amp, as they're hard to find, and the amp doesn't work well without it.)