Adding C6 neck to my Shobud Professional

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tony Rincon

Adding C6 neck to my Shobud Professional

Post by Tony Rincon »

Who could I get in touch with about adding a C6 neck to my Shobud Professional?

It was built as a double neck, but has the pad like the LDG.

Also, price range?

Would it be cheaper to sell it and buy something that's already a D-10?

Thanks!!
Paul Strojan

Post by Paul Strojan »

Do you want a changer on the C6 neck or just a lap steel neck?
Tony Rincon

Post by Tony Rincon »

With a changer
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

May take some detective work. Trace it back through previous owners. Some where along the way. There may be a box on a top shelf, Or in an attic with everything removed from the guitar.

May want to post in the Wanted to Buy for the parts.

Good Luck in restoring the guitar.
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

It would take some work but it’s possible. If yours is rack-and-barrel these parts could be used.
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=391847
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Michael A Rogers

Post by Michael A Rogers »

Ask Jeff Surratt @ Show Pro Guitars. He will give you an honest opinion about its feasibility, and if it can be done, he’d be the guy that can do it.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Tony, let me know if you need the pedals.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Maybe you could find someone with a D10 that wants a SD10.

There's always somebody out there looking to chop up a D10 to make a single out of it. Maybe you could work a trade? That's my advice, FWIW.

Unless you can find someone who has stripped the back neck off a double and kept all the parts, this is going to be an expensive undertaking. They might not even fit right if they're not original to the same guitar. Those old Sho~Buds could be quite a bit different one to the other.

Buying changer, pickup, neck, pedals, levers etc., all the miscellaneous and all the mechanics would be like buying a whole 'nuther guitar, cost wise.

Sometimes we forget about all the little stuff that gets lost in these conversions such as screws, springs, spacers etc. that could end up costing quite a bit of money if you can find them at all.