PSG Pedal bracket for a Moyo volume pedal?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Lipsey

PSG Pedal bracket for a Moyo volume pedal?

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Anybody figured out how to keep a Moyo from wandering around on the floor? Due to its design, your foot needs to extend out over the front of the pedal, so it needs to be a bit back from the pedal bar...
www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

I keep one of those soft mesh jar openers in my pac-a-seat for when a guitar leg is too tight and my hand can't grip it well enough.

I've also got a rectangular piece of the same material (shelf liner) to put under my volume pedal, when set up on a smooth, slick floor.

Click Here

~Lee
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Get ahold of Glenn Taylor who builds the Moyo - he's a forum member and incredible help.
Steve
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Steven-
Yeah, I'd already talked to Glenn - he just carries a scrap of carpet to use when floors are slippery...never came up with an actual mounting bracket.
I remember long ago seeing a post with a home-made bracket...but I don't have a metal shop...
-S
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

I have a bracket you can try Steve.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Steve, I don't have a metal shop, just a vice, drill press and hammer, but I made several brackets for my Goodrich pedals. I would think someone close to you could fabricate a suitable bracket. If I had a moyo pedal to go by I certainly would. I bought the aluminum sheets for Amazon. I posted a picture on the forum sometime ago.
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Thanks to you all…yeah, if Pete’s doesn’t work out I’ll make something- the commercial ones do have a nice attachment to the pedal bar, which is a bit harder to make…
Jamie Howze

Post by Jamie Howze »

Mullen Steel Guitars makes a versatile bracket that might be a good place to start. It holds the pedal close to the pedal bar, but could be attached to an extender plate to move the vp back a bit.

https://mullenguitars.com/product/mulle ... l-bracket/
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I looked at the Moyo picture on his website and I didn't see any screws on the bottom. I suspect it would have to be drilled and tapped? Or make a clip to hold the pedal.
Check this link to see the 2 brackets I made and the Moyo bracket Ken made.
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... c&start=25
Robert W Wilson

Moyo VP mount

Post by Robert W Wilson »

A bit overkill but I am happy with this base mounted to a Mullen quick release bracket. I think the base could be 3D plastic printed if you have access to one that will accommodate 8.2" length.

This design fits my size 11 and Mullen PSG nicely. I'll share the drawing if somebody wants it (PM me).
Robert W Wilson

Post by Robert W Wilson »

Larry Dering's bracket posted 31 Aug 2021:

This is good Larry and I will fab something similar next time around to save the cost of the OEM bracket. Those with no desire to fabricate can buy the Mullen bracket and find a school kid to print a base. Your local library may even have a plastic printer.

Having the pedal mounted to the guitar, always in the same place is really nice!

Glenn Taylor

Post by Glenn Taylor »

Nicely done, Robert!
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Robert, thanks for the kind words. I was looking for a simple and low cost solution and that was an easy way to go. I later purchased some flat aluminum sheets and made a few using the factory brackets as a guide. I have several pedals so no bracket swapping is necessary. I use the fuzzy side of velcro strips on the underside to protect the pedalbar. Good luck.