“Pedesonic” pedal steel

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dave Zirbel

“Pedesonic” pedal steel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Image Is this a legit brand? I never heard that name before.
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Joseph Campbell

Post by Joseph Campbell »

I think this is the guitar I bought from Gordon. Can you tell me more about the history? Also do you have the missing knee levers?
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

I was communicating with the seller but never bought it, so no I don't have the knee levers. I wasn't able to find much info on that obscure brand. I think he might have sent me more photos.....
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Joseph Campbell

Ok thanks. I ended up purchasing it and I am trying to figure it out
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Are you in the Bay Area? What are you trying to figure out? Maybe I can help. I'm an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Dave Zirbel-
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

The late Ed Naylor built Pedasonic guitars back in the 60's or early 70's. The bodies were fiberglass molds. Of course this one has a wood body but may have been built by Ed when he had his shop in Portsmouth, Ohio. I would like to see the undercarraige and I could could tell if Ed built it. He did own the Pedasonic name at one time and may still have up to the time of his passing.

Greg
Joseph Campbell

Thank you. I read a little about Ed on this forum and I feel glad to have a Pedesonic.

It appears that a few knee levers have been removed? I see some holes where something was mounted. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

Looking at the undercarraige I would say this was built by Ed when he was in Portsmouth, Ohio. Ed had parts for everything made!!! I see Sho~Bud and ZB parts on there. Clean her up and play it!!!

Greg
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

B. Greg Jones wrote:Looking at the undercarraige I would say this was built by Ed when he was in Portsmouth, Ohio. Ed had parts for everything made!!! I see Sho~Bud and ZB parts on there. Clean her up and play it!!!

Greg
My first thought was a homemade guitar. I noticed what appeared to be a Sho-Bud changer housing and knee lever. Didn't really equate the rod bars as ZB (ZB equivalent of a bell crank) until you mentioned it. Ed was a good guy, for sure.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Joseph Campbell

B. Greg Jones wrote:Looking at the undercarraige I would say this was built by Ed when he was in Portsmouth, Ohio. Ed had parts for everything made!!! I see Sho~Bud and ZB parts on there. Clean her up and play it!!!

Greg
Absolutely I have played a little and I am starting to get the hang of it!