Found what I was needing - Please delete this post

Post here if you're looking for something special
Nick Reed

Found what I was needing - Please delete this post

Post by Nick Reed »

Found what I was looking for . . . thanks!
Last edited by Nick Reed on 1 Apr 2023 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Auman

Post by Mike Auman »

Nick, if a passive (non-powered) mic mixer exists, it's not a good idea. Mic signals are very low level, balanced, and low impedance, all of which which make them very difficult to mix passively. You'll lose a lot of each channel's signal with a passive mixer, and they'll be noisy once you boost the levels back up in your Bose L1.
Long-time guitar player now working on lap steel.
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Mike, I have several friends that use this same Bose unit. They all have non-powered mixers hooked to theirs to provide extra mic inputs from the already powered amp in the pedestal base. I believe what your recommending could cause seriously damage to the electronics.
Bill Sinclair

Post by Bill Sinclair »

Like Mike, I've never seen an unpowered mixer for low impedance mics. I think your friend's mixers must be powered somehow. Do you perhaps just mean that they don't have a power amp for speakers built in?
winston

Post by winston »

A non powered mixer means it does not have a built in poweramp to drive speakers. There are tons of them around.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

P.M. sent.
Dennis Detweiler

Post by Dennis Detweiler »

Aren't most mixers equipped with high and low input mics and unpowered? Our band uses a Mackie 16v2 mixer that we plug into two separate power amps. One for monitors and one for mains.
There must be a definition missing here?
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.
Mike Auman

Post by Mike Auman »

Sorry, I assumed "non powered" meant "no AC or battery power applied" and so passive, but it actually means "no speaker power amp included", thanks to winston for enlightening me!
Long-time guitar player now working on lap steel.