Tons of CD’s

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Hamilton

Tons of CD’s

Post by Larry Hamilton »

I do another where to post this so any help will be appreciated: Over the years I have accumulated hundreds of CD’s of most of the great Steelers in more modern times, i.e.pedal steel. I am downsizing my life and would rather try to give them away except for maybe a few Ill keep. I used to usually make a copy for my car so I wouldn’t lose the master. At the present time they are not sorted and may never be. KI hate to just trash them and was thinking if there might be a younger player who doesn’t have many or any that I might can make that happen for very little cost, probably just a nice donation to the Forum. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. LH
Keep pickin', Larry
David Zornes

Cds

Post by David Zornes »

Can you name some of them? Strictly steel
Guitar.
Matthew Walton

Post by Matthew Walton »

Hi Larry, it's a little funny you should post this. I am in the middle of transferring a bunch of steel guitar CDs that I picked up. If you find someone else worthy they're welcome to it, but I'm just down the road in Haltom City, so I'd be happy to come get them from you.
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

1981 MSA "The Universal" 9/5 | 2009 MSA S-12 SuperSlide | Peavey Nashville 112
Mike Polansky

Post by Mike Polansky »

I've been trying for a while to build a collection of out of print steel guitar CDs and vinyl but haven't had a ton of luck. I would definitely be interested in getting some of these if they're still available.
Diane Diekman

Post by Diane Diekman »

Mike, I have the Jimmy Day LP Steel and Strings.
Diane Diekman
Sioux Falls SD
Author of "Live Fast, Love Hard: The Faron Young Story"
Author of "Twentieth Century Drifter: The Life of Marty Robbins"