Rhonda Vincent

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Lonnie Wells

Rhonda Vincent

Post by Lonnie Wells »

Went to see Rhonda Vincent and the Rage last night at her Marysville, Ohio concert. She's been one of my favorite bluegrass/gospel artists for many years. First time to see her in person.

Fantastic performance and some of the best vocals and pickers of modern and traditional bluegrass you'll see!

If you get a chance to go see her and the band in person you won't be disappointed!
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I really like her with Gene Watson. :D
Erv
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

I've met Rhonda twice at Dollywood and she loves the pedal steel! When I met her for the first time in 2012, I'd just finished watching her show and went outside to where she was. I stood in line, wondering what she would say to me, and the closer I was to meeting her, my excitement was building! So, I walked up to her and she said, "Brett, my steel guitar buddy!" I wondered how she knew I'm a steel guitar player, and I guess I'd talked to her about it. Then, when I met her again in 2021, I told her about how I met her in 2012, and she said, "I left one thing, the steel, out of my show, didn't I?", and I said, "Rhonda, you'll love this-I play dobro too"! She then smiled really big and said, "I love that you play pedal steel and dobro!" Jeff Partin is the dobro player in her band, The Rage, and plays really well! Jeff came in after Brent Burke left. Rhonda's one of my favorite mandolin players and singers!