Playing chord changes.

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Emil Wester

Playing chord changes.

Post by Emil Wester »

What are some great licks to play around chord changes?
E9 tuning!
Paul Ouellette

Classic licks

Post by Paul Ouellette »

Maybe I can narrow down these open ended requests. Is there a video or tab of classic cliché E9 licks that are movable. Not specific to any song. Guitarist have movable double stops and bends so I was looking for a few to cut my teeth and incorporate into my playing in any key. Thank you
Dick Sexton

Gentlemen...

Post by Dick Sexton »

I cannot think of any of the over 500 Beginners Notes that I have shared on the Steel Guitar Forum that are not playable over the chords and movable up and down the neck. All written for E9th. Please feel free to explore a few of those.

My best,
Dick Sexton
Fred Treece

Re: Gentlemen...

Post by Fred Treece »

Dick Sexton wrote:I cannot think of any of the over 500 Beginners Notes that I have shared on the Steel Guitar Forum that are not playable over the chords and movable up and down the neck. All written for E9th. Please feel free to explore a few of those.

My best,
Dick Sexton
Dick,
I downloaded your entire collection when it was still only around 370 or so. It was and still is a great reference for me, and I recommend it to anyone looking to jump start or freshen up their catalogue of licks.

I don’t know if you still offer your collection in a zip file, but if you do, then Paul and Emil could do a lot worse than sending you an email or pm requesting it.
Dick Sexton

Thank you...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Thank you, Fred. Appreciate the good words and am thrilled you and I are still at it. :wink: Like you said, I go back to them myself to refresh. Sure hate getting older.
John Rockefeller

Post by John Rockefeller »

Dick's treasure trove is here...
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... D13092D8FB
You can download the folder that has nearly 4 MB of quality info!
Paul Ouellette

Post by Paul Ouellette »

Thank You! I downloaded these and will get to work.