Tablature Request: Jimmy Buffett

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

John Larson

Tablature Request: Jimmy Buffett

Post by John Larson »

This song has a very nice steel solo by Doyle Grisham midway through during the middle 8 about 1:30 into the song. Sounds like there is a heap of delay (I guess echoplex in those days) on the track.
https://youtu.be/h95tl0geFgw

There is also a beautiful version cut by Doug Supernaw in the 90s with Paul Franklin on steel as well as a Waylon version with Moon being Moon.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
George Duncan Sypert

Buffett Song

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

Just talked with Doyle today. I had never heard that song before. Next time I talk to him I hope I remember to ask about that song. Very well done, but that is the way my friend plays.

Thanks for the post.
Korey White

Post by Korey White »

Hello, I'm following in hopes of finding this tab as well. This may be one of the songs that really got me into wanting to learn the steel guitar(parrothead), but also just love the sound. I'm new here. So greetings from upstate NY as well.

Korey